Samstag, 16. Januar 2010

Mistrust Part V - "What are you doing in here??"

Jack sneaked in and closed the door behind himself. He stopped and frowned his forehead without turning around. Were there some clothes on one of these armchairs? His heart began to beat harder against his chest. No. You're halluzinating, Jack. No one follows you. You need a shrink... - Jack inhaled deeply and than slowly turned around. And than he saw it. Clothes of a woman, everywhere on the floor and on the armchair. The air smelled seductive. Some perfume? But Jack could not wonder about this now.

Where is she? In the bedroom. I bet she´s in the bedroom. What to do... Call the police, immediately? Go to the hotel manager? What!

Jack turned around hectically when he heard a funny sound coming out of the bathroom. It was like... of someone who loses control before slipping out on a banana peel... - UUUAAAHHH.... and then - SPLOOSH...! - someone fell into water... Now Jack was completely alarmed. He looked around for some kind of weapon but he could not find one. He unplugged a small lamp on the desk and ran into the bathroom.

And there, Jack saw something unbelieveable funny. A woman, completely naked. Over and over full with foam - A thought like what a pity sneaked into to Jack´s mind, but he pushed it aside quickly - stood on the upper stair of the little ladder and tried to keep control of her feet. As she saw him, she seemed to be totally shocked - good actress - and looked at Jack with her mouth wide open. Then she screamed and fished for a towel. She came out of the bathtub, that towel pressed on her body and... she drew back carefully. She really seemed to be scared. 

"What are you doing in here?!" Jack an her said at the same time. Anna starred on the lamp in his hand and Jack followed her glance. - OH! - he put the lamp on the wicker chair next to him. Then he slowely went towards the woman, keeping his hands soothing in front of himself. "Listen, young lady. This is my room. I don´t know how you could get inside, but I will call the police, if.." "Whaaat...?!", Anna finally woke up, "the police! You?? Hah! I don´t believe this." She rolled her eyes and threw her arm in the air with a flashing of desperation. And then she began to speak. Slowly and concentrated: "Listen. You come into this room. Into MY bathroom. Armed with a lamp. And YOU want to call the police? I tell you how I got in here, I have a key to this room, Mister!!!" Now she raised her voice as she saw that this - extraordinary good looking - man obviously was no danger to her. "Haven´t you seen, I was NAKED? Would you please just GO AWAY? Because I will call the police, if you won´t!!!" She gave him a hint to the batroom door. 

Jack began to laugh. Anna looked at him as if he´d be a lunatic. Jack began to shake his finger in the air and said "You are really clever, you know?", he nodded, "really clever...  - Oh my god, he is crazy.  Shit what can I do now...? - Anna gulped hard. 

Jack kept on speaking. Now he did not seem to be very amused anymore. It was some kind of scary, that way he talked now. He looked very angry..."I have experienced this before an it´s not funny. Listen, I love my fans. I really do. But this is too much, ok? Please go away. I swear, I will call the police. So, get dressed and then go!! I am not joking. I know you´ve heard about my sense of humor, but now it´s over, ok? Go AWAY!" 

Annas mouth was open. She couldn´t believe what she heard. Who was that jerk? She wrinkled her forehead and curled her mouth. Now she was really angry. "Listen, you clown!! What did you say, fan?? Who are you? Some accordion-player in the streets of New York? A string-puller in a lousy Puppetshow?? I AM HERE, NAKED IN THE BATHROOM OF MY HOTELROOM, FREEZING....AND YOU A... YOU JERK ARE OBVIOUSLY NOT ABLE TO READ THE NUMBER ON YOUR KEY, HUH?? PLEASE, GO AHEAD AND CALL THE POLICE! I am waiting...."

Jack was impressed and... a little unsure. "You don´t know who I am?" Anna rolled her eyes again. "I don´t really give a f... I mean... I don´t even care who the hell you are, ok? Do you know who I AM?" Jack slowly shook his head. Anna continued "Nooo??? Why not, Mr. ... Whoever...? I am a famous author. And you are a third class.. what? An actor? A singer? Why don´t you do yourself a favor and just go? I would like to get dressed up now, it's getting cold." 

Anna looked at him and saw how unsure he began to be. Somehow she felt sorry for what she said. But god damn, he came into her room! While she was waiting for his reply, she watched him. Damn, he really was a good looking guy. More than that! Full brown hair, combed back on his head. blue eyes. A beautiful mouth, slender lips, uncommon red and with a desireable drive. He was somewhat around 40, Anna guessed. Perfect Age.... What a pity, he was a nut case...

"Miss.... If I had a wrong key, how come I could get in here?" The woman nodded. "That´s true Mister. But how did I get in here, huh?" Jack shook his head "I don´t know. But this is my room. Look at my key - 225." Jack began to be really frustrated.

Anna Mortimer gave a hint to the man to force him to turn around. Holden obeyed. Anna quickly slipped into her bathrobe and the slippers an ran into the room next door. She took her key and gave it to him. "225", Jack whispered, "that´s not possible..." Anna returned: "As you can see... They obviously made a mistake. One of these will be the spare key, I guess." 

Jack suddenly blushed. "Oh my god. I am so sorry, Miss. That is really a shame. I... I will go and talk to the manager. This should not have happened. Please forgive me. I always have this room, when I check in here. So that´s propably why this mistake happened and...." 
"Okay!!" Anna interrupted. "Okay. It´s... okay, but... could you just go, please? I really had a long day and you see... I was in that room at first, so...." 
" Oh, yes. Of course. I´m so sorry. I´ll go now, i´ll go." 

Oh what a day.... - Anna just wanted to sleep a little while and maybe check out the hotel bar later on. After she had dried and brushed her hair and finally wore something warmer and more comfortable, she sneaked into the bedroom. What a bed!! Huge and full with blankets and gorgeous pillows. She crawled in. With her eyes she wandered over the ceiling and thought about this crazy day. She automatically had to smile. Yes, that was a really damn attractive man. But what a poser!!! - Don´t you know who I am?? - What does he think of himself..? Anna fell asleep with a sigh.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen